TASC Test AdvantageTASC test provides a number of advantages when compared to the other high school equivalency tests.
The TASC Test Assessing Secondary Completion™ is a secure, reliable, and valid assessment used to assess the achievement of examinees on core content areas taught and assessed as part of typical national high school curricula. The TASC test measures high school equivalency and college and career readiness in five subject areas: Reading, Writing, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies.
TASC Test Is Accessible
TASC test does not need to be administered in any special location. TASC test can be taken at any state-approved testing site and is available in both paper-and-pencil and online formats. This ensures that the test is easy for you to take without traveling long distances.
TASC Test Is Affordable
It is important that a high-quality high school equivalency (HSE) assessment remains available at a reasonable price. DRC developed the TASC test to keep the price affordable when you are ready to take this next big step. The TASC test can cost significantly less than other HSE tests, and you get a lot more for your dollar. State and local fees differ by state; please see our state registration page for specific pricing.
TASC Test Is Flexible
Your state has control over their high school equivalency testing programs. DRC kept the TASC test flexible by not requiring the use of particular testing centers for the test. This means your state can follow the same process for testing they already have in place. The TASC test can also meet any special testing needs you might have with large print, Braille, and audio. TASC test is available in both paper-and-pencil and online versions—the choice is left up to the people administering the test at the test center locations.
Paper-and-pencil tests are equal to online tests with regard to their content, level of difficulty, and passing requirements.
- Easy to use—the same style in use for decades.
- Supports a gradual transition from paper-and-pencil to online assessment for a student not yet comfortable taking online tests.
- Can be offered at sites, such as correctional facilities, where the ability to administer online tests is limited.
- Provides accommodations for students with special needs when online tests are not the best choice.
Online testing is user-friendly for students and more efficient than paper-based testing.
- Easy-to-understand interface is simple for students to use, primarily requiring the student to understand how to type and how to navigate the screen using a mouse.
- Provides instant reports except for tests requiring scoring by hand, for example, the writing test.
- The test items and student data are secure using the latest online security.
DRC works with adult student educators and many others to provide test results and interpretations that meet all the standards of your state. All the questions (also called items) are tested on nationally representative samples of graduating high school seniors and adult learners. This means that the research that went into TASC test provides the following:
- A valid and reliable measurement of College and Career Readiness content and standards.
- Appropriate and meaningful passing scores for TASC test as well as scores for College and Career Readiness.
- The online platform used by TASC test is an established system used for many years for high-stakes testing throughout the nation. It has also been extensively tested and has proven to be a secure platform for this type of important test.